9.25.2010

The song "Kanlungan" is playing right now. And it never fails to stir in snippets of my happy yesterday.(The days you know that will never ever happen again.)

I'm not saying that I'll never be happy again tomorrow or the next month or in the far future.

In fact, I'm contentedly happy these days. As my present mantra goes like this:

Masaya na ko sa mga panahong ito. lahat ng kailangan ko ay nandito na: Pamilya, mga kaibigan, sweldo sa ATM, crush at pangarap.

Though these things may fail sometimes, still, being contented with what you have brings happiness.

And, back to my initial proposition, sadness hits you when you remember people who had been part of your life for a very short time and you know will never be again by your side because you are not only divided by oceans and mountains, but divided by years as well. The same laughter and happiness won't strike you again. You can never laugh and cry about the very same things. Some other humorous things might be there to meet you, but the old ones, they're gone forever, etched in your memory.

But how many memories can our 150-pound noggin handle?

In the next few years, I'll surely remember the happiness I feel right now, but will I still remember then the memories I have right now? Will they be overwritten?  Like the messages in your inbox?

The technology will fail us. We can't rely on twitter, or skype or even emails to continuously communicate with yesterday, hoping to hold on to the future. So the tangible and written reminders, I will keep.

very very strawvery. I won't forget that.


I hope.

So my daily verse now goes:

Masaya na ko sa mga panahong ito. lahat ng kailangan ko ay nandito na: Pamilya, mga kaibigan, sweldo sa ATM, crush, pangarap, at mga ala-ala.

No comments: